Saturday 1 May 2010

Say No Go

Sooner or later with this project I was going to have to face some inconvenient truths. I figure out of the 50 ish coastal counties I've go on my hit list, at least 10 will be widely regarded as unsurfable. Today... I'm heading off to one of those 10.

I tried researching it on the net, but there are no matches for surfing and this county. Then I tried asking the only two people I knew who had some surfing knowledge of that area of the UK. Both laughed, both asked if I was serious, then both told me not to go.

So for now I've given up talking to people about this particular county trip... mainly because there's only so many 'I told you so's I can handle if and when we arrive in a flat county this afternoon. I've managed to talk two pro surfers into joining me on this road trip. For now, at least, our destination is a 'secret spot', but sometime later today I'm going to have to break it to them.

It doesn't have to be big, pretty or particularly good, just surfable...

...it's borderline stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment