Monday 14 June 2010

The Rain and Spain





Hello again strangers!

Sorry for the lack of posting in recent weeks. Last time we spoke I was on a ship on the way to Spain... soon after I threw up in the cabin toilet, and apparently it was dead calm. Anyway I was out in Spain for a longboard comp and a little photo trip with some of the UK's top longdongers. As you might imagine it was a very civilized, relaxing trip with fun waves, good food and the odd spanish beer. Unfortunately, although it was very much still work for the mag, it was a holiday from the County Limits project and I returned to the UK with only a couple of weeks before our deadline to score a new county. Not sure why it always seems to be so last minute with these trips, but anyway with not long to go, two good looking charts appeared for the same few days. One for South Wales and one for a small Scottish Island. Right up until I picked up the surfers, I still hadn't decided which to go for, but after a group talk, we decided to hit Wales and drove up that night. The following morning revealed small waves and lots of rain, a real reality check after the glorious Spanish weather. Luckily, as predicted the clouds cleared for the next day just in time for the waves to pump. It was a sick trip and it means that I've now ticked off two more counties, Bridgend and Vale of Glamorgan. New issue of Wavelength is out next week so check out the shots in there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Sarah :)

    I love your blog! Come pay a visit to mine? I'm following you ;o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rain in Spain?
    You mean MOBS and OBS?

    ReplyDelete