Monday 5 April 2010

The Cornish Wobble


So after a few nearly charts for Wales, the North East and Somerset, and with a deadline for the next issue looming, I've gone for the supposedly easy option to kick off the Breaking Boundaries project... Cornwall. For all it's fickle faults, the one thing Cornwall has going for it surf-wise is consistency, and after a month long wave drought across Britain, a lumpy swell has turned up to save the day in Kernow. Saturday was a typically tricky call. Southerly winds going South Easterly, Easterly and then Northerly. I followed the wind around the coast, keeping my back to it, and the difficulty of making a call on the right place to go meant I lost a few surfers to other spots, but I ended up at a special little cove with a hell of a punch in it.

It wasn't exactly the gold I was after, but today has served up some more windy swell, so I'm off to St Ives now to see if I can get anything more interesting. The next few days should be interesting too... if a little wobbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment