Monday 26 April 2010

Cuba Crisis


I lived in Bristol for about 6 years. In all that time I never really knew which county it is in, and I'm still not 100% sure. Some people say it's in North Somerset, others reckon Bristol is not really in any and is sort of a county itself, and then there are people... apparently, who refer to Bristol as being located in CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon.) Sounds tenuous to me, but nevertheless, here I am, holed up in CUBA.

I came up at the weekend to represent Wavelength at the Bristol Surf Show. My little day dream was that a flakey chart for south Wales would improve over the weekend and give me reason to travel on from here and score Glamorgan, or maybe Pembrokeshire. But instead, it's got worse. So here I sit, deciding whether to stay in Bristol and hope there is a window of lighter onshores to persuade me to pay the Severn Bridge toll, or, head back down to Cornwall and keep an eye on some swell forecast to move down the East coast next weekend. Next weekend is a long way off for an East coast chart, and the pressure is now on as we get very close to deadline and the rest of the team are talking to me about contingency plans if I fail to score a new county in the next week.

The stress is building... I think I need a cigar

No comments:

Post a Comment